Click Click!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Recommendations : Movies!

Hi, Prettys! What's your plan for this holiday?
Travelling? Visiting your family in your hometown? Staying at home?
What if they went boring? What would you do?
I'm going to give you some movie references to watch, in case if you're bored hehe.

As long as I know, popular movies come from a few countries with successful filming industries, which usually from Hollywood (United States), Bollywood (India), Korea, Thailand, Japan, and China.
These countries rock box offices in the world.

As for myself, I have these 'rankings' of my favorite movies.
So, here it is ;)

1. Thai Movies
Thai Movies are my favorites! Especially the romantic comedy. They have cheesy story lines, but enjoyable to watch. They usually pick light stories, but they make it beautifully. I admit I always cry when I watch Mario Maurer's Crazy Little Thing Called Love. Suckseed is pretty awesome too. And try watch Love Julinsee (Love at 4 Sides), it's about for different love stories. But not all romantic movies are comedy and light. There are also romantic movies with heavy and complicated lines, such as Love of Siam, a movie about two boys who befriend since they were kids and they fall in love with each other. It might sound gay, but if you watch it carefully, you'll get touched and inspired. And if you want to have an adrenaline rush, try watch their horror movies.They are as scary as hell. They have this movie about a woman who sells noodles and some of the ingredients are from human body parts whom she's killed before. It's gross yet terrifying!


2. Korean Movies and Dramas
Korean Movies and Dramas have this uniqueness which I don't know how to describe it. They're really creative to put new things up to the screen, satisfying the viewers with romantic, funny and scary scenes. They put very big efforts in every genre of movie they make. For example, if it's horror, then it'll be very scary. If it's comedy romantic, it'll be extremely funny, touching, and romantic. If it's a sad movie, it'll burst you out of tears. Like Death Bell, a horror movie in the picture. I'm not sure whether to categorize it as horror or thriller movie, so I call it a horror-thriller one. There are also some cool dramas like Full House (this is my all-time favorite drama), City Hunter (a story about a guy tries to put his revenge on people who murder his best friend by using his own son to kill them), Playful Kiss (a light drama about a clumsy girl who tries to win the heart of the most popular guy in school), or Coffee Prince (a tale about a girl who hides the fact that she's a girl so she can work at a coffee shop that requires male workers only). There are so many options with beautiful stories that you must watch! In pirated movies shops, you can get the CDs if you miss the dramas when they're aired in your country. You can also watch it all the time. You'll never regret watching Korean movies or dramas. Trust me!

3. Hollywood Movies
Hollywood has wide variations of more genre. The list of the movies will never end. At least one of their movies has made your imaginations come true. They have great action, romantic, comedy, superhero and thrilling movies. Hollywood movies would be my most favorite movies if they didn't have many happy endings. There are good movies you can watch such as My Sister's Keeper (a story about a sister who tries to help her dying sister), The Ring (a horror movie, the remake of Japanese Movie, Ringu, about a journalist who tries to find her niece's death cause and reveals the mystery of a tape), Coriolanus (a movie adapted from Shakespeare's Coriolanus), Titanic (a movie about two people fall in love when the greatest ship of all time sinks), and many others. They also have cool animated movies. There are a lot of famous and success film companies in the U.S. such as Disney, Warner Brothers, Pixar, Fox, and many others. I can't mention my favorite Hollywood movies because I've seen many good ones.

4. Japanese Movies
Japanese movies are pretty good too. I don't watch romantic, action, or comedy often, but I LOVE their horror movies. They are so thrilling, seem so real, and give me this scared sense all over my body. I'm never able to sleep comfortably after watching their horror movies. They scare me to death. There are a lot of scary movies they have, but the most famous one is The Ring. This is the original version of The Ring, which is then adapted and remade by Hollywood (just as I mentioned in the Hollywood part). It's super scary. And then there's this movie about a woman who always brings scissors along with her. She asks pedestrians who pass her if she's pretty or not. She's going to show you her scars on the face (which is ripped off mouth), and if you still think she's pretty, she'll let you go. But if you answer that she's not pretty, she's going to kill you right away with her scissors. The movies are damn good and qualified enough to watch. Get ready for the thrilling feeling running all over your body, giving yourself weird, scary sensation that you'll never forget.They also have great and legendary cartoons and mangas. Like Naruto, Doraemon, Crayon Shinchan (my favorite), and many others. And my favorite all-time is Nodame Cantabile, which is also available in human version! I just love it SO MUCH! Many people recognize their mangas and they're really famous all over the world. You'll love these too, since they're really good.


5. Chinese/Taiwan Movies
What I like from Chinese stories are they are funny, especially the old movies. Even the horror movies seem funny to me. I like Kung-Fu movies too. They're good, with great and cool techniques of different martial arts. Have you ever heard of Bo Bo Ho? It's a name for a chubby boy who stars many movies (most of them are about Kung Fu and life of the monks in China) he was very famous when I was younger and I enjoyed watching him. They also have these classic story twists which are enjoyable to see. I appreciate Chinese movies, because although it's globalization era already, they still put their traditions in the movies, with classic stories and soundtracks. For you who don't really like watching such movies, maybe modern Chinese dramas and movies will cheer you up a bit. They also produce modern movies.



6. Bollywood Movies
If you think that Bollywood movies are only about dancing, singing, traditional romance stories, YOU ARE WRONG. They have a lot of great movies which are enjoyable and suitable for every movie lover. They have this touching movie entitled My Name Is Khan, about an autistic traveling around America only to tell the President that he's not a terrorist. He wants to stop the stereotype that all Muslims are evil and terrorists. There are also comedy genre movies like The 3 Idiots. This one is so funny until I literally roll on the floor when watching it.


So, I guess that's all for today. I hope the movie recommendations are useful for you guys :)

Happy watching! <3

- Abigail Gee





No comments:

Post a Comment