Click Click!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Walk With A Stranger (Part 2)

We ended up walking around the park, doing nothing. John scratched his hair and then looked at me, "This isn't what I expected."
I looked at him confusedly, "Then what did you expect?"
He sighed, "Like, I really want to take you places. Since we have the same hobby--eating--, I was wondering if there were still open spaces in your stomach to taste them all."
Then I laughed. John sure is a very interesting person. He made me feel the feelings I hadn't felt in a very long time. He made me feel alive--like Bud did, but he was saner--. He made me forgot everything that happened in my life, at my office, and about the messed-up society, "I think my gigantic stomach still leaves some more spaces for that."
John smiled and took my hand, "Let's go then."




---

We went to Food Plaza, a just-opened food court, which has a lot of food options. Chinese, seafood, and Western. They even have rare foods, with reasonable price. Hmm. When we walked into the food court, a girl with a white shirt and a black skirt blocked our way, giving us some sheets of paper.
"Good afternoon, Ma'am. Today is the grand opening of the Food Plaza, so we're offering these vouchers to the customers. You can use them in any kind of food stall available. You're going to get a fifty percent discount for each food you buy. And we also let you to taste the sample of the foods around here. So, feel free to explore Food Plaza!" then she walked away with a smile on her face. I read the papers and yes, they were vouchers. I and John stared at each other and made some excited sounds. We walked into the Food Plaza excitedly and started to taste all the samples.
"Hale, try this." John lifted a toothpick with a strange type of food on it. I guess it was Korean food, because I once saw it on the internet while looking for ideas about what I should write for the magazine.
I walked toward him and opened my mouth. He put the food sample into my mouth and when it touches my tongue, it felt burning. But also good on the other side. It tasted really delicious in my mouth.
"It's good." I mumbled.
"It's good? He asked. I nodded and then asked him back, "Is that Kimchi?"
He nodded, "Yes it is. We'll have Kimchi later then."
So we walked around some Mochi attracted me. I walked toward the stall and asked for some samples. And it tasted so good. The mochi melted in my mouth and it was the best snack I'd ever tasted.
 I offered John to try one, but he didn't want to. He said that he was allergic to peanuts--the Mochi I ate filled with peanuts. So I ate some more Mochi and covered them up with melted chocolate. Hm, yummy.
Then I got an idea.


-to be continued-

-Abigail Gee








No comments:

Post a Comment