Click Click!

Monday, February 20, 2017

Can Love Multiply?

Sometimes I wonder how people define love. Love, for me, is an abstract matter that portrays different meanings for each individual. The way I interpret my feelings, for me, is far away from how I think love is like. Love is something a lot more fundamental than just being attracted and mentally attached to oneself or someone else. I believe love also means being fully responsible for the ideas, implications, and problems that may follow the affection, and completely accepting flaws and mistakes of oneself or someone else.

And you may fall in love with more than one person at the same time.

But when you are emotionally and officially attached to someone, it is the feeling of loving someone else other than your significant other a form of infidelity? I don't think so.

I think there will always be a moment when one is currently with another, can give the same amount of affection to a third person (and/or more) as love is limitless. Love is just, infinite.

I don't know if I believe this, but I think we all are capable of loving more than just one person and love each one of them as equal. I don't think love has limited seats for certain people only; love comes in different forms.

That is the truth; falling in love is inevitable, even when it happens to more than one person.

But what differentiates infidelities with love multiplication is your response. When it comes to a relationship you are committed too, it is no longer about how you maintain the same feeling to that same person or how you brush off the feelings you have for someone else. It is now about how you are going to respond to it, as well as the strength of your commitment. It is about respect for your other half. It is inevitable to love, but it is perfectly preventable for us to cheat on your significant other.

---
I am sorry, this is just a short piece of mind. I'll bring you longer posts next time!

Love,

-Abigail Gee

No comments:

Post a Comment