Click Click!

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Words to a Young Man

there was a young man in spirits
not even scared in bits
but then time let him down
and so he fell to the ground

he never got up anymore
nor put his head up a little more
he now pushes away pretty things he sees
let alone to believe in me

but he never looks so sad
cause he has got a mask
to cover up his tears
to cover up his fears

he is my friend, a very true friend
but he thinks it soon is gonna end
I won't ask him to let me stay
but surely enough I won't walk away

he never looks back because he's still in the past
he always will, he always has
but there's something I wish he knew
I would always keep an eye on you

yes, you, the young man in spirits
who traveled far on the mind, but has a lot of doubt mists
who has a big heart for everyone, but not for one
to be a shelter, but not to enter

you can stop being my friend, of course,
but I will never stop being yours
though I know you won't give a fuck
I'm still sorry, as a friend, I suck

and I should tell you this very last time
you're so important that you made me rhyme


for a dear friend,

-Abigail Gee

No comments:

Post a Comment